Monday, November 15, 2010

My first post

Hello everyone,
This is my first post :) I got the idea to start a blog about my adventures in food while looking for a recipe for oatmeal chocolate chip muffins for my boyfriend.  I found a great blog that had a great looking recipe so i had to try it. I got it off the blog Schweet'N Savory and they were a big hit

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip muffins
1 1/4 cups quick cooking oats
1 1/4 cups milk
1 egg
1/2 cup vegetable oil
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips (or mini chips work well too)
1 cup chopped pecans  (optional)
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
4 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt

Combine the oats and milk in a bowl and let stand for around 15 minutes. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F (about 200 degrees C). Grease a muffin tin or use paper wrappers if you want, combine the flour, salt, and baking powder in a small bowl and set off to the side.When the oats have finished sitting add the egg, 1/2 cup packed brown sugar, vegetable oil, chocolate chips, and the pecans if you are using them. Stir everything until it is nicely combined, then you can add the flour mix to the oat mix and stir until it is nice and moist. Fill your muffin tin about 2/3 and sprinkle with remaining brown sugar and a few chocolate chips. Bake for 15 to 20.

I hope you enjoy them as much as we have :)
 Mixture in the bowl.
 Finished product.
 Fresh out of the oven.
 Just about to go into the oven.

No comments:

Post a Comment